I lost 15kg in last 5 months, I never went to a gym, no jogging, no running. I just managed my food (and so, the calories intake).
I’ll tell you my very simple idea:
- Go for a low-carb diet (no sugar diet, that means you won’t eat rice, pizza, yogurt, bread, noodles, cakes, wheat products, dryfruits, etc.),
- No f****ng soft drinks, alcohol, etc. They are your worst enemies. God!
- Eat fresh green vegetables as much as you can (like cauliflower, broccoli, spinach),
- Eat more white meat for calories intake (Chicken, fish),
- Walk at least 5km a day, you can download some App to track the distance.
- It’s all about calories management. For about 3500 calories deficit, you lose 0.5kg. So, if your Basic Metabolic Rate (BMR) is 1800 calories a day (typical for a person weighing 80kg), you can eat food worth 1 100 calories a day (you have a deficit of 700 calories), walk ∼5km (you lose 300 calories).
- Lose 900–1000 calories a day, in one week you lose about 1kg. In one month you lose about 3-4kg. Quite doable with a balanced lifestyle.
- Last but not least, every time you buy a food product, read the ingredient label. Just don’t choose a high-carb food product.
Well, even if you are losing about 2kg/month just by managing your diet, it’s incredibly great!
Believe me, a low-carb diet is more helpful for losing weight than a low-fat diet.
What do you think?